Tuesday, March 9, 2010

TTMI (Totally too much information)

Along with amazing, TMI is probably the most over used phrase in the English language. (Widely used in infertility and gastric message board communities, both of which I am a long standing member.) I thought I would mix things up by adding an extra "T". This post is going there so if you are not up for it...click off now.

I know my body pretty well (especially my reproductive organs and my colon...thanks to IF and Crohn's) and yesterday I knew I was not on track to "O". Cornell still insisted on sending me for blood work. Probably just an excuse to squeeze a little bit more from my wallet. I had my blood drawn at 8:35 this morning. My appt. was at 8:05....I got up at 5:00, worked out (won't be doing that much longer thanks to stims) and did a little speeding to get to my local clinic, early only to have nothing better to do than sit around and read EW while I waited for them to get their shit together and poke me 3 times until they found a vein they liked. My veins roll away when anyone tries to poke at them so I am used to that part.( I would make a terrible heroine addict.) I get so pissed waiting around, though. I could have used a little extra sleep as I have not yet recovered from my weekend jaunt to NYC.

Enough venting....here's where it gets good. I know when I "O". Lots of CF and that "wet, slippery" feeling. Ewwww. Thankfully, when I went to the bathroom this morning, I felt that old familiar slickness. When I came out of the bathroom, H was in the bedroom and I practically cried with relief. He was laughing at me as usual. He said, "Look at you....you are so relieved." It is not menopause, people! This is what I have been missing these last few days (and all last month!) My "O" signs! I feel vibrant and youthful again. I am woman, hear me roar!

If you are wondering about my official results....the message the nurse left said "You haven't had your surge yet but you are close" Ya think?! I told her yesterday that I was starting to feel early CF and I was probably close. (Again, I know my body.) I guess it doesn't count unless a copay is involved.....

So, while I was at the clinic, I decided to try a little experiment (prompted by a post on my friend C's blog). C made a comment about how we never talk to anyone in the waiting room (so true and weird!) I say weird because when we are on message boards we are all about support and baby dust and hugs and positive vibes and all that but we don't speak IRL. Anyway, I complimented a girl on her handbag. It was from Harrods department store and it had little dogs all over it. So unusual! We talked for a few minutes about handbags and we both went our separate ways with smiles on our faces. We didn't get into the heavy stuff but sometimes just a friendly face in an uncomfortable place can help you get through the day.

Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. This C character sounds like an amazing girl. Amazing. Just amazing. (perhaps also...awesome? I find I use that word as often as I use words such as amazing, ovaries, follicles, stim, bitchonwheels, and the phrase #dp#dt.)
    so proud of you, making buddies!
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts