Saturday, July 3, 2010

Sad on so many levels

We went to a wake last night. H's former boss lost his battle with cancer. He fought it 3 times but he was finally ready for it to be over. He had a short but happy life...a beautiful family and lots of good times with them. It was hard to see the family and think about how huge of a loss it is for them. The one saving grace for the Mrs. was the fact that her 2 boys were standing by her side.

I hate funerals and wakes and just thinking about death. It scares me so much. I'm lucky to have my parents but I have lost all but 1 of my grandparents. I don't know how people go on after they lose a spouse. The one thing that is a constant at every funeral I have ever been to: they all have children.

Do I think it makes things easier if you lose a spouse and happen to have children? Nope.

But not being able to have a child is so much more than not being pregnant. Our story would end with us. There is no one to lean on when lives end. No one saving grace. You are truly left alone when you don't have a family.

Sorry for the morbid post. I'm just feeling it today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts