Thursday, March 25, 2010

CD5.....Estrogen took a dive

My e2 came back at only 201 today. I was aware that the level dips and rise in an EPP cycle, but that seems really low for 3 days of stims. If you remember, my E2 level at my baseline appt. on Mon. was 319. The nurse told me that my level was good and that it was totally normal but they never say anything bad because they don't want to freak you out.

A low estrogen level can mean 1 of 2 things:

1. There are not very many follicles growing (this is my biggest fear...I had a really bad # for my last IVF...only 6 eggs at retrieval and I feel like all of my good eggs are gone.)

2. The follicles are not responding well to the stims. (Another bad sign...I am on really high doses of stims. 300 Follistim and 150 Menopur. I don't know how much higher we can go to get results)

The follicles create estrogen so low e2= either low follicle # or follicles that are not growing. The REs usually like to see a level of 150-200 per mature follicle at the time of your trigger. Trigger = 36 hours before ER.

It is looking more and more like my ER (or at least my pre op) might be on Easter...Mom, if you are reading....don't freak out. H said that makes sense for the bunny to come take my eggs away on Easter. No little kid wants to find these eggs in their basket!

This is really all speculation until my 1st follie check. They moved that to Sunday which is another thing that is bothering me. It was supposed to be Sat. but they clearly think that there won't be enough growth by Sat. due to my E2 level. If you haven't realized in yet, I am pretty good at catastrophising (is that a word?)everything. Me... always with the worst case scenario.

At this point, I'm just praying that my body responds to the meds. The one good sign is that they didn't increase my drug dose.......

Off to shower and do some shots (sub-q...not teqilla)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts