Monday, November 8, 2010

Just another manic Monday

Before the sun came up, I was having an amazing day....a great outfit, all of the radio stations were playing some of my favorite songs, and I had lots of energy despite my crazy weekend. I was even making really good time heading to Mt. Kisco.... until I started hearing a noise like a helicopter.

Let me just say that I am not an idiot when it comes to cars...or other fix it type things for that matter( you would never guess because I am so girly.) I can check my oil and my tires and do other little maintenance type things but when I hear a noise on the highway...especially at 74 mph, I worry. I was about 20 miles from the clinic when it happened. I called H who decided to come get me. I made it to the clinic and sat in the waiting room for 2 1/2 hrs.reading really boring magazines. H picked me up and we headed to a local mechanic. It turns out the wheel was loose and making a noise. I am so lucky it didn't come off! At least I don't have to take the "commuter" car anymore. H is so afraid of a good car getting wrecked but he is more afraid of me getting wrecked.

The fun didn't stop there....if you are in the Northeast you probably know what I mean: SNOW. Effing snow. On November 8th. There were accidents all over the place and traffic jams every few miles.

Surprisingly, I was calm the whole day. I couldn't be rattled... until I got home and walked to the mailbox to get my mail. One of my neighbors drove by and splashed slush all over me...my coat was soaked. He/she didn't even have the decency to apologize. I can't wait to find out who drives that red Dodge. They are getting a lesson in manners from me.

Back tomorrow for b/w & u/s. The clinic never called me until almost 6pm and I forgot to ask about my E2 level again. Oh well, I think it is better when I cannot obsess!

Please just let the week get better.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts