Friday, November 5, 2010

Here we go again...I feel the chemicals kickin' iiiiiin......

...it's gettin' heavier, I wanna run and hide, I wanna run and hide!(Neon Trees: Animal)

More like I'm getting heavier.....ugh. I must have heard that song 5 times during my morning adventure and I am convinced an IVFer wrote those lyrics..... If you have never had the pleasure of taking injections to stimulate your ovaries, you might have a difficult time imagining how it feels. Let me see if I can paint the picture for you......a swollen bottom half (I've gained back 2.5 of the 11 lbs. I lost since my last cycle and I've only taken 3 doses)deep soreness in hips and thighs,like horseback riding or marathon "trying to make a baby" sore. Not to mention a bruised feeling in your pubic bone...it kind of feels like someone took a baseball bat to your crotch. I definitely wouldn't mind pulling the covers over my head and hiding out in bed for the next 10 days or so.

But....there is fun to be had! Tomorrow is the annual Yankee Candle flagship store trip with Mom and sisters. Looking forward to stocking up on Christmas scents and bonding with the girls. Thank goodness for leggings because my pants hurt.

I don't know the results of today's b/w...I forgot to ask. Well, to tell you the truth, I was napping when they called (Yes...napping... you try getting up at 2:30, driving to Mt. Kisco, then working a full 5 hour day)and it slipped my mind. All I know is that I have to be in NYC Sunday morning...that's "Marathon Sunday" for b/w & u/s. My body has impeccable timing. At least I have the time change on my side!

Stay tuned for what will surely be a freak out moment....1st follie check!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck this morning! I hope the runners don't make it too challenging for you to get to your appt! I have my 1st follie check tomorrow. Eek!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts