Wednesday, April 7, 2010

1dp 3dt

So begins the 2ww...the most dreaded time frame in an infertile's world. Technically, it is not 2 weeks.....more like 12 days from now. But it is going to feel like 2 months from now.

Still feeling a little pinching and cramping. Way too early for implantation cramping. more than likely it is just some residual cramping from the transfer. Still feeling very pregnant without actually being pregnant yet thanks to the HCG and progesterone shots. No fair to have to go through it if you do not get to take home a baby, is it? GRRRR.

So, I had an interesting experience at the acupuncturist today. The table I lay on is heated. It always feels so good and I didn't give it a 2nd thought. Just as I started to drift off, I had a terrible thought. What if I was baking my newly planted embryos? I jumped up with needles sticking out all over the place. ( In my ears, my wrists, my feet, my ankles and most notably...right in the middle of my forehead.)I tried to shut the table off but I couldn't figure it out. I ran out into the waiting room (which happened to be full of people)leaving a trail of needles behind me in search of my Acupuncturist. She ended up taking the needles right out...they were only in for about 15 min. She told me that as long as I don't put heat on my belly I would be fine. It makes sense because my clinic recommends using a heating pad after you do your progesterone shot to relieve some of the pain and make the oil distribute a little easier. I have been with her for 2 years and I should have known that she would not do anything to harm me after what she has seen me go through. Oh and FYI, I have laid on the heated table while pregnant before.....Totally acting pregnant too, huh?

So between the acupuncture incident and being worried about lifting the pots I cooked the green beans and broccoli in for dinner, I am already worried that I have messed something up. Most women don't go through this when they are pregnant. While it is kind of cool that I get to see my embryos and I know what my exact due date would be, I think I would prefer a little more mystery if I could have a little more peace of mind!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts