I went shopping last Saturday. I figured it was my last weekend to beat the crowds. I am a really savvy shopper-it's like a sport to me but I don't enjoy the manic feel of shopping during the Christmas season. (with the exception of Black Friday-the deals are too,too tempting!)I ended up at the Benefit counter at Macy's. I wanted to buy a bottle of "Maybe Baby". Yep, it's a perfume. Yep, I am aware of the irony but I just love the scent. I had a sample last year and I kept meaning to buy some but I never made it to the counter..... until Saturday.
I was anxious to get on with my shopping trip-I wanted a new outfit for Thanksgiving but another customer was being helped around the corner. She seemed to be buying the entire line and I am not rude enough to interrupt so I decided to come back later. Before I had the chance to walk away, the customer started speaking and I recognized the voice so I peeked around the corner and saw a familiar face. You probably won't believe me when I tell you but it was a lady from the adoption fair we went to the week before. Not only that, but she works for the agency that has been presenting itself to me for the last few years. She looked at me and said "hello" with a smile like she recognized me, too but I didn't stop to chat. It sounds odd but seeing her kind of sealed the deal for us. We have looked at a few different agencies, but I can't ignore the fact that I keep hearing about this agency. As a matter of fact, I'm seeing a friend of a friend next week to talk about the same agency. That makes 2 acquaintances and 1 stranger who have walked into my life with lots of positive things to say about their experiences at said agency. How can I ignore that? It's like the universe is screaming at me. More than that, whenever I get overwhelmed or if I begin to think it's not possible, something or someone is there to give me the proverbial "little push". Usually towards "that agency".
I feel like the decision is being made for me :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
Progesterone getting to me. Tired,bitchy and uncontrollable hunger. I'm also starting to worry because we only had 1 8 cell embie to put...
-
Trigger time!!!! So, I just got the call. I am triggering at 11:30. Retrieval will be sometime Saturday. I don't have a lot of time for ...
-
I did it. Another consult at yet another clinic. We're back to the local scene this time....at the place where we probably should have b...
-
By now you have surely figured out that anything I do is never easy...and I married a man who has the same issue. IVF is a tough game anyway...
-
I was washing the coffee pot on Sunday night after dinner, pondering my next cycle. I started wondering if I should cut out coffee again. I ...
-
Pregnancy symptoms gone....my boobs aren't even sore anymore. As a matter of fact....it is starting to feel more and more like Flo is ab...
-
IVF # 7 did not go down like I had hoped. Obviously, that means I am not pg. I'm ok. Sure, I'm sad but I'm so tired of this life...
No comments:
Post a Comment